Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs had a deadly combination of drugs, as well as alcohol, in his system when he was found dead in his Texas hotel room on July 1st.

According to the results of Skaggs’ autopsy and toxicology reports, his official cause of death was listed as a mixture of “alcohol, fentanyl and oxycodone intoxication with terminal aspiration of gastric contents,” which means that the 27-year-old basically choked on his vomit while over the influence, causing his immediate death.

Skaggs was found on his bed, fully clothed, and there were no signs of trauma, the report states. His death, according to the report, was ruled an accident.

Police in Southlake, Texas continue to investigate.

Tyler Skaggs’ family released the following statement, which includes a mention about an Angels employee possibly having some involvement in his death:

“We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much.

“We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us.”

Be the first to receive breaking news alerts and more stories like this by subscribing to our mailing list.