Terry Glenn Jr., the son of the late former NFL star receiver Terry Glenn, died of an accidental drug overdose on Thanksgiving, close family sources revealed to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

The newspaper reports that the 22-year-old was at home with his family in Columbus, Ohio Thursday (Nov. 28) when he was found unresponsive in a bathroom.

Glenn Jr.’s tragic death comes nearly two years to the date after his father died in a car crash on November 20th, 2017 while on his way home from a Cowboys game with his fiancé, Verina LeGrand.

The vehicle struck a concrete barrier and rolled over before ejecting Glenn Sr. from the driver’s seat. A toxicology report later revealed Glenn Sr. had a BAC of .165 at the time of the crash, more than twice the legal limit.

In a twist of fate, Glenn Jr.’s last tweet, posted on Thanksgiving Day, was about his late father.

“I miss him so much,” he tweeted. “This time of the year is the hardest by far man… This was his holiday and the last one got cut short right before we were allllll gonna be together… really just wonder why.”

He also tweeted: “Thanksgiving was my dads favorite game to play in as a Cowboy and you best believe ya boy was always right there in the stands.”

Terry Jr.’s death follows a tragic family legacy. His grandmother was murdered by a former boyfriend when Terry Sr. was just 13 years old.

The elder Glenn lived with relatives before eventually becoming a ward of the state of Ohio. He went on to become a star football player at Ohio State and eventually made it to the NFL.

Terry Glenn Sr. was the 7th overall pick of the 1996 NFL Draft and played 12 seasons in the NFL with the Patriots, Packers and Cowboys.

Before playing in the Super Bowl in 1997 with the Patriots, Glenn Sr. told Sports Illustrated that 10 of his close friends and relatives had died since his mother’s murder, including two cousins and an uncle, who were both shot to death.

Glenn Sr. also said many of his loved ones had turned to drugs, and now, his son who shares his name has died at the age of 22 from an accidental drug overdose.

Be the first to receive breaking news alerts and more stories like this by subscribing to our mailing list.