Jenelle Evans from MTV’s “Teen Mom” and her on-again, off-again fiance Gary Head were both arrested and jailed over the weekend after getting into a fight at Jenelle’s home in Oak Island, North Carolina.

Evans’ attorney, Dustin Sullivan, told E! News that Jenelle called 911 for a domestic violence incident on Sunday and the police arrested her in the process. She was charged with simple assault, possession of less than one-half ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance.

As for Gary, he was charged with assault on a female, possession of less than one-half ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of another controlled substance.

Sullivan said that Jenelle spent the night in jail Sunday and was released on a $500 secured bond while her Marine beau got out after posting a $1500 bond.

But the legal eagle expressed surprise that his client was even taken into custody in the first place, considering she was the one to call the cops to report Gary allegedly beating on her.

“Jenelle is the one who called the police and was assaulted,” Sullivan told E! News. “The drugs that were found were not found on Jenelle.”

He added: “I do plan on speaking with the officers involved to learn more about why the victim of this assault was charged and will hopefully know more soon. We do intend to…defend Jenelle from these allegations.”

Meanwhile, a source close to the estranged pair tells E! News that Gary “beat the s–t out of her and strangled her” and as a result, he is going to get “dishonorably discharged from the Marines.”

Another insider friendly with Jenelle said that after a night of partying, the reality star woke up with a bad bipolar disorder and started to ‘beat” on Gary leaving marks on his body and accusing him of cheating on her with another girl. Per the insider, Gary then took Jenelle’s phone and busted it. Jenelle called the cops from his phone and the two were arrested. The source could not confirm whether Gary physically assaulted her and said that Head now worries he’ll get kicked out of the military.

Whatever his fate, both he and Jenelle have issued their own postmortems via Twitter about what happened and what the future holds for them. “I’ve had a rough 2 days and I just want to be left alone,” wrote Head in the first of a series of tweets, adding, “As soon as I’m out of all this trouble, I would be happy with a $50,000 jackpot.”

When asked about the status of their relationship, he later told a follower: “[Jenelle is] no longer my fiancé or girl. She can be with who she pleases…I can honestly careless [sic] who she’s with. And I put that on my friends grave…no. I’m def not marrying her. @PBandJenelley_1 has ruined my life.”

As for Evans, the MTV reality starlet hinted on Twitter that Gary roughed her up during their row and also broke her phone. “Went to the hospital yesterday for my injuries thank God im fine. New chapter opened in my life and im pretty excited :),” she tweeted, before noting, “Sorry haven’t been on Twitter but my phone to pieces sooo my new one will be in today so I can tweet my little heart away lmao!”

Evans subsequently revealed: “Off to the tmj specialist to look at my jaw then neck dr :(” She then elaborated on what their altercation may have been about that led to the split. “Yes I left him becuz he was caught cheating. He did something to me that was physical and tramatizing. I’m just so grated jace wasn’t there,” she added, referring to her infant son.

Unsurprisingly … this is not the first time that 20-year-old Evans has had a run-in with the law. In January she was arrested twice for allegedly threatening her ex-roommate and violating a restraining order and, was again arrested again in March for stalking.

Will Jenelle Evans ever get her life together? Probably not. But for now … it’s pretty fun to watch.

Be the first to receive breaking news alerts and more stories like this by subscribing to our mailing list.