Somehow, we don’t think this is what Katy Perry meant when she said, “Baby, you’re a firework.”

The Huffington Post reports on a 23-year-old Australian man who stuck some firecrackers up his ass … and then lit them.

Guess how that story ended? With burns on his anus and genitals, that’s how.

The reporting officer on the scene described the burns in the young man’s nether region and being painful.

They also, unsurprisingly, think the man may have acted while under the influence of some happy juice.

“What must of (sic) seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits,” Senior Sergeant Garry Smith said. Police believe alcohol could have been a factor in the firecracker-fueled accident.

Here’s a word to the wise: Putting flammable or sharp things up your butt is almost always a bad idea. Smoky the Bear needs to start a campaign on that to protect fools from themselves.

Don’t let peer pressure turn you into the next fool with 2nd-degree burns on your sac and crack just to get a few laughs from your friends.

Just say a few “Your mama” jokes and call it a day.

[Huffington Post]

Be the first to receive breaking news alerts and more stories like this by subscribing to our mailing list.