Cuba Gooding Jr. Arrest Warrant (and Assault Charges) Dropped
Cuba Gooding Jr. is no longer a wanted man after a New Orleans waitress who accused the Oscar winning actor of pushing her dropped all charges against him.
An arrest warrant was issued for the 44-year-old for allegedly getting physical with a female bartender at The Old Absinthe House on Bourbon Steet one night earlier this week when she asked him to leave after the actor got angry with a group of fans who recognized him and wanted to take pictures.
READ: Cuba Gooding Jr. Loses His Cool And Shoves Female Bartender
But the warrant was revoked after Cuba met with police officials Wednesday (Aug 1), and later that day, the bar’s management said that the bartender had dropped all the charges.
The bar’s management said in a statement, “While we will continue to investigate this matter internally, we are hopeful that this will put an end to the matter and allow everyone to get back to enjoying all that our great city has to offer!”
Though Cuba wasn’t (and won’t be) arrested, he was issued a summons to appear in court to answer to the allegations.
As we previously reported, Cuba is currently filming the upcoming movie “The Butler” in New Orleans.