The latest horrendous Amanda Bynes story makes me wish there were social services that monitored the well being of dogs.

As we reported earlier this week, Bynes was hospitalized on Monday after she started a fire in a stranger’s driveway.

The troubled star was reportedly put on a 5150 psych hold shortly after police arrived on the scene. The incident occurred a day after the onetime actress was turned away from a retirement community for being intoxicated.

Now reports have surface (via TMZ) that Bynes’ dog was doused in gasoline and possibly injured when she started the fire.

A surveillance video from a Thousand Oaks, Calif., gas station shows Bynes carrying the Pomeranian into a back room for employees only. The store owner told TMZ that he saw the former “All That” star rinsing her dog in a sink. He also said he smelled gasoline.

Another eyewitness told the site that he saw Bynes start the driveway fire and that she and her dog had both caught fire.

“I saw this girl laying down right here with her left pant leg on fire. I quickly pulled over and there was this gas can right here and it’s trailing fire,” he said. “Pull over, went to go help her and the flames, by then, extinguished out. She went over there to get her dog — she had a small like Chihuahua … She was really frantic like she wanted to get out of there. She was like, ‘My dog has been burnt.'”

Holy S! Though Bynes’ behavior has been something many have laughed at (guilty!), the more this goes on — the more unsettling it gets.

Be the first to receive breaking news alerts and more stories like this by subscribing to our mailing list.