The third installment of “The Best Man” is already in the works. Like the Migos say, “just wait on it!”
Universal announced this week that “The Best Man Wedding” will be hitting theaters April 2016 and the whole cast will be returning.
At the end of the last film “The Best Man Holiday,” Quentin (played by Terrence Howard) revealed that he was getting married, hinting that there could be a possible sequel.
According to The Hollywood Reporter:
The Best Man Wedding is set to be released April 15, 2016, with writer-director Malcolm D. Lee returning for the third installment and Sean Daniel producing.
1999’s The Best Man earned $35.1 million domestically, while last year’s The Best Man Holiday took $70.5 million.
Universal says the cast will be back. The stars of the previous films include Taye Diggs, Terrence Howard, Harold Perrineau, Morris Chestnut, Monica Calhoun, Sanaa Lathan, Nia Long, Melissa De Sousa and Regina Hall.
Last month, Malcolm D. Lee and Morris Chestnut told Vibe Magazine that the third movie in the “Best Man” franchise would include romance, sex and “it will probably be the funniest of them all.”
As long as we don’t have to wait a decade-and-a-half for it to come out, we don’t care how funny it is!
h/t: The Smoking Section