Ricki Lake accidentally burned down a rented Malibu beach house she was renting last year … and now the owners of the home are suing her!

Lake is being sued for allegedly making a HUGE mistake with some flammable heating oil … and causing the fire that burned down the Malibu beach house she was renting back in 2010.

According to the lawsuit filed by the owner of the home … Lake was refilling a portable space heater when she spilled the oil on the hot heating coils — and the oil burst into flames. The fire quickly ripped through the entire property.

In the lawsuit, filed Monday in L.A. County Superior Court, the owner, Hovsep Kousouyan, claims Lake spoke with emergency personnel who responded to the fire — and she admitted the whole thing was her fault.

Kousouyan says his beach house was completely destroyed in the blaze — and wants Lake to pay for all of the damages … which could be in the millions.

Oops! But really … who uses “space heaters” in Malibu beach homes?

Be the first to receive breaking news alerts and more stories like this by subscribing to our mailing list.