Former talk show host Ricki Lake ran into some serious trouble over the weekend.

Lake’s Malibu rental home caught fire Saturday and burned to the ground. According to CNN, it all occurred when she was trying to refuel a portable heater…and a couch took fire instead.

“It appears that she was refueling some sort of portable heater when a couch caught fire and that set the whole house ablaze,” Lt. Rich Erickson stated.

Luckily, Ricki and her two children and dog made it out the house unharmed…..and are  just grateful that everybody’s safe and sound.

“Thank you everyone for your concern and well wishes. My sons, beloved dog, and I are safe and very grateful. Xoxor,” Ricki Tweeted after the incident.

We’re glad to hear you guys are okay!

Be the first to receive breaking news alerts and more stories like this by subscribing to our mailing list.