It looks as though investigators aren’t ruling out suicide as a factor in DJ AM‘s sudden and unexpected death after all. According to a new report, the famous DJ swallowed a handful of a powerful painkiller known as OxyContin. An autopsy following his death discovered 8 undigested pills in his stomach. And a single pill was found in his mouth when his body was discovered Friday in his Soho, NYC apartment. He was found lying on top of a bag of crack cocaine.
“He wanted to die,” the source said. “He was going unconscious when he took the last one. He didn’t even swallow it.” A mirror was also propped outside the front door of the apartment and another was leaning against the door of the bedroom where DJ AM was found. T
he source said DJ AM, 36, whose real name was Adam Goldstein, “smoked a lot of crack, barricaded the doors and killed himself.” Goldstein’s BlackBerry was filled with messages from worried friends. One read, “Some [expletive] just said you’re dead. Better text me back.”SOURCE: NY DAILY NEWS
Goldstein was laid to rest Wednesday (Sep 2) in a private traditional Jewish ceremony and was buried at Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary in West Los Angeles. A public memorial service is scheduled for Thursday (Sep 3) at the Hollywood Palladium in LA.