Thanks to a couple of quick-thinking neighbors….Joss Stone is alive today.
Two men were arrested outside of the English singer’s home for plotting to rob and kill her.
Read more below:
Singer Joss Stone has said she is “absolutely fine and getting on with life as normal” as police questioned two men over a suspected plot to rob and murder her.
Officers are said to have found swords, rope and a body bag when they arrested the pair, aged 33 and 30, near Stone’s country home in Devon.
The suspects were detained around 10am on Monday morning after being seen driving a red Fiat Punto in the quiet lanes near the star’s home in rural Cullompton.
Both men are understood to have had maps and aerial photos of the property.
The 24-year-old chart-topper’s spokeswoman said police had been in contact with the star.
Her neighbours are said to have foiled the plot after reporting the pair behaving suspiciously around the property.
They were initially arrested on Monday morning on suspicion of having an offensive weapon and planning a burglary.
But Sky News understands the men – from the Manchester area – are now being held on conspiracy to rob and murder the singer, who is said to have a £9m fortune.
Stone, a friend of Prince William and Kate Middleton and a guest at their wedding, is not believed to have been home at the time.
Earlier Sky News filmed a white sports car leaving the house with a person covered by a blanket in the front passenger seat. It is not clear if it was the singer.
Detective Inspector Steve Parker, leading the investigation, said: “The two men in custody had in their possession information relating to an individual in the Cullompton area and items which lead us to suspect that they may have intended to commit a criminal offence.
“We’re unable to say anymore at this time but I would like to thank the local residents for reporting the suspicious car.”
Stone, who has sold more than 10 million albums, is due to go on a European tour in a few weeks.
Praise God….she is safe and sound.