Tragic model Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental drug overdose, according to Florida police. The 39-year-old was found dead in her suite at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida on February 8 – five months after the death of her 20-year-old son Daniel in the Bahamas. Seminole Tribe Police Chief Charlie Tiger and Broward County, Florida Chief Medical Examiner Dr Joshua Perper announced results of the model’s autopsy in Dania, Florida at 10am local time this morning. Tiger said there was nothing to indicate foul play in her death and the case was now closed.
“We are convinced, based on an extensive review of the evidence, that this case is an accidental overdose with no other criminal element present. We have reviewed hundreds of hours of video, tape captured by the hotel security cameras and we found nothing unusual.” Tiger said a laptop belong to the model’s boyfriend Howard Stern similarly revealed “nothing to indicate any foul play.”
Perper said there was “no evidence of disease” in Smith’s body, but she had been feeling ill and had a high temperature prior to her collapse. He added he had searched numerous medical records and studied numerous bottles of medication in her possession, including Methadone, anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication. An investigation into Daniel’s death is scheduled to begin in the Bahamas tomorrow. Meanwhile, Smith’s partner Howard K. Stern, ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead and Zsa Zsa Gabor’s husband Prince Frederic Von Anhalt are submitting DNA tests to determine which man is the father of the model’s six-month-old baby Dannielynn.