American Gangster, the grippingly intense crime-thriller acclaimed by critics and audiences, shoots its way onto DVD on Tuesday, February 19th, and support of its release, we are giving away two FREE copies of the 2-disc special edition extended film version to our loyal readers! All you have to do is leave a comment with a valid e-mail address anytime between now and Saturday, February 23rd 2008. Any comment posted after 12 AM EST 2/23/08 will not be eligible for the prize. The two lucky winners will be notified between Saturday, February 23rd 2008 and Monday, February 25th 2008.
For more information regarding the 2-disc special edition extended film version of the movie, and to check out a widget that includes three Exclusive Clips from the Bonus Features and a Clip from Anthony Hamiltonâ€™s music video, “Do You Feel Me,” click below!
Inspired by a true story, American Gangster, the grippingly intense crime-thriller acclaimed by critics and audiences as one of the best films of 2007, will be available in two versions on the exclusive American Gangster 2-Disc Unrated Extended Edition DVD that includes both an unrated, extended movie with over 18 additional minutes and an alternate ending PLUS the original theatrical film. Academy AwardÂ® winners Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe portray one Harlemâ€™s most notorious crime bosses and the outcast cop who pursues him, respectively, ultimately leading to a climactic confrontation that alters the destiny of an entire generation in New York City. Directed by Ridley Scott and produced by Brian Grazer and Scott, American Gangster boasts an all-star cast including Josh Brolin, Ruby Dee, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Chiwetel Ejiofor, Armand Assante, Carla Gugino, and popular rap artists Common, RZA and Tip â€œT.I.â€ Harris.
In addition, the American Gangster 3-Disc Collectorâ€™s Edition, available for a limited time only, includes over five hours of bonus features, a 32-page collectible book and a downloadable digital copy of the unrated, extended film. Also available on February 19 is Gangsters: The Ultimate Film Collection, a nine-disc set containing four of Hollywoodâ€™s most iconic gangster films including American Gangster, Scarface, Casino and Carlitoâ€™s Way.
CONTENT BREAKDOWN / BONUS FEATURES Â»
DISC 1: Unrated Extended Version â€“ 18 additional minutes of never-before-seen footage and an alternate ending, and original theatrical version including commentary with Director Ridley Scott and Writer Steven Zaillian.
DISC 2: Deleted scenes, including an alternate opening.
FALLEN EMPIRE: MAKING AMERICAN GANGSTER
- Tru Blu: The Real Story: An in-depth look at the true story that inspired the movie and the long road to developing the film. Featuring interviews with the former real-life Harlem crime boss Frank Lucas and now retired detective Richie Roberts
- Killer Threads: A look at how the world of the 1970â€™s was brought back to life
- Crime War: Follow production from the streets of NY to the jungles of Thailand
- Rhythm of the Streets: Look into the filmâ€™s music, featuring tracks such as â€œDo You Feel Meâ€ performed by Anthony Hamilton
- Into the Arena: Ali vs. Frazier: Setting up the infamous Ali-Frazier fight
- Setting Up the Takedown: Be on the set as Ridley Scott directs the climactic drug bust and watch this master director at work
- Script Meeting: A look into the production office where director Ridley Scott, writer Steven Zaillian, and detective Richie Roberts discuss the script and break down of the scenes
- Drug Test: Ridley Scott receives information on the preparation of heroin from a New York detective